WARNING: static archive

/b/ - Question
[ blog ] [ boards ] [ a / b / d ]

/b/ - Random

File: 1411678352204.jpg (14.92 KB, 165x580, TMT294_1.jpg, io e g t)

ID: ab8c0 No. 293

I heard that using silicone-based lube (like this one) with silicone-based sextoys it's not a good idea because it can damage the toy and spread bacterias.

If it's impossible to be sure of what a sextoy is made the only option left is to use a non silicone-based toy ? :/

ID: 9af06 No.294

Silicone lube on silicone material… I don't think it may harm :/

About onaholes: most (if not all) of today's products are made of thermoplastic elastomer (TPE). Recommended is water-based lube. You may ask the maker but silicone lube should be okay.

The kind of lube that doesn't belong in onaholes at all are oil-based lubes and petroleum jelly (vaseline).

EDIT: nevermind. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_lubricant#Silicone-based
"Silicone-based lubricants are not usually recommended for use with sex toys or other products that are made from silicone because the formula may dissolve the surface making it sticky to the touch, and cause disintegration of the item over time. This damage may create a breeding ground for bacteria."

In short: unless the sex toy has been SPECIALLY crafted to be compatible with silicone lube, stick to water-based.

ID: ab8c0 No.295

File: 1411688808216.jpg (42.95 KB, 367x580, TMT481_1.jpg, io e g t)

Okay, i've already make up my mind anyway but the opinion of a person of trust is never a waste ^^

Btw i used the word "sextoy" and no "onahole" because it's not a masturbator at all but an anal vibrator and i thought it wouldn't be wrong to ask something like that in /b/, i hope it's alright !

I buy these two this month and it should be here soon but i've learn the "problem" with silicone lube/material after so…i think it will be wiser to use a water-based lube than taking an unnecessary risk…

ID: f0fe4 No.341

If you're intent on using a certain silicon-based lube with a sex toy, you can do a "swatch test" - put a bit of the lube on a part of the toy you don't really care about, wait a while, and see if it gets tacky or gummy. If not, you're probably safe to use them together.

Otherwise, there are plenty of great water-based lubes out on the market (western, at least, I personally don't know much of the Japanese toy market atm) with tons of different consistencies. Silicon just tends to have more staying power, which is why it's usually marketed towards anal.

Delete Post [ ]
[Return]
[ blog ] [ forums ] [ boards ] [ a / b / d ]